Sunday, August 23, 2015

Book Review: Raziel by Kristina Douglas

Back Cover Talk

The facts:
Title: Raziel
Author: Kristina Douglas
Pages: 384
Publisher: Pocket books
Published in: jan 25th 2011
Category: paranormal romance

The Back Cover summary:

She was just an ordinary mortal . . .

“You’re dead” is so not what Allie Watson wants to hear. Unfortunately, it explains a lot. Like the dark, angelically handsome man who ferried her to this strange, hidden land. The last thing she remembers is stepping off a curb in front of a crosstown bus. Now she’s surrounded by gorgeous fallen angels with an unsettling taste for blood—and they really don’t want her around. Not exactly how she pictured heaven.

. . . until death catapulted her into a seductive world she never imagined.

Raziel is unsure why he rescued Allie from hellfire against Uriel’s orders, but she stirs in him a longing he hasn't felt in centuries. Now the Fallen are bracing for the divine wrath brought by his disobedience, and they blame Allie for the ferocious Nephilim clawing at the kingdom’s shrouded gates. Facing impossible odds at every turn, the two must work together to survive. Raziel will do anything to defend his spirited lover against the forces of darkness—because Allie may be the Fallen’s only salvation.

Go to: Summary on Goodreads


Geek Girl Talk
I have had this one on my shelf for such a long time.
Every time I had to choose a new book to reed, this one would get picked up and but down again because I went for another book.
But finally I decided I should probably go and read it.
It's summary and cover had always drawn me in. Every time I picked it up. There was almost do doubt in my mind that I would not like this book.
And though it took some time for me to get all wrapped up in it's story, it did not disappoint me at all.
I really loved the way Kristina Douglas came a refreshing new world around the "Fallen" angel subject. I really enjoyed getting to know the world he has created in his book.
The main characters are absolutely to die for. I loved how the female main characters is a strong person and not some kind of damsel-in-distress,  one-look-at-the-handsome-man-and-sweep-me-right-off-my-feet kind of girl. And I really found the snarkyness and sometimes sarcastic ways of both main characters a real delight.
This book has surely left me wanting more. I want to know how the story will go on, and I want to know it now, preferably. But I guess I have to wait as I can not order the second book Demon, as it is sold out. The horror!!!!!!! How will I live?

Total of Geek stars: out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment