Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book review: Immortal hearts by Ellen Schreiber

Back Cover Talk

The facts:
Title: Vampire kisses 9 Immortal hearts
Author:  Ellen Schreiber
Pages: 272
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Published in: May 2012
Category: YA fantasy

The Back Cover summary:
Athena `Stormy`Sterling is coming to Dullsville, and Raven is both excited and panicked in anticipation of Alexander´s little Sister´s visit.
Alexander tells Raven that she and his sister have a lot in common, but can the mini-Raven be everything she hopes for? Alexander calls her Stormy for a reason.
Stormy´s visit stirs up the perfect immortal whirlwind. Raven is forced to take a good look at what it would really mean to be a vampire in the Sterling family, aside from some of the things she already loves, like shunning the sun and sleeping in a coffin with Alexander. When Raven compares her life with Stormy´s, she can see that it´s not all that starry skies and black roses. But raven knows she´s always wanted to be a vampire

Alexander is as romantic and dreamy as ever, and though he keeps showing Raven how much he loves her, will she ultimatly be able to convince him  that it´s the right thing to turn her?


Go to: Summary on Goodreads


Geek Girl Talk
I was very happy and also very sad when my friend loaned me this book to read. As I just did not have the funds to buy it myself. I was so happy I could finally read the end of this tale that has had me in it's grip for several years. And The sad part came because I knew this was THE very last book in this series. It would all end with this book. And I kind of did not want it to end.
But I dove into the book, and just as I did with all the others in  this series, it caught me by the very first words. What I find very pleasant in Ellen Schreiber books is that it does not take you all that long to really feel like you are in the story, perhaps even part of the story. It only took a few sentences and it was as if I was home.
What I love in this book is that all the characters you know from the first books are still there. And Ellen even managed to pop in a total new character. Which I think is a really awesome one at that.
The way this book was written was in my eyes prefect. It felt good, the flow of the book  was good, it had no slow parts or parts where you might feel it's going to fast. It's easy to read and you can just enjoy the story without having to think all to much about it. The only thing you keep thinking is.. "How will it end!!??!"
And I am not even going to talk about the ending of the book. Worried I might spoil it to other readers who have not yet had a change to read it. So no opinion from me on that part.
But the story in this book really is once again amazing. I could not wish for better.

The verdict:
A book that  fantastic and is worthy of the series., but leaves you sad at the ending, knowing it won't ever come back.

Total of Geek stars: out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment