Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Book Review: Born in chains by Caris Roane

Back Cover Talk

The facts:
Title: Born in Chains
Author: Caris Roane
Pages: 310
Publisher: St Martin's Paperbacks
Published in: October 1st 2013
Category: paranormal romance

The Back Cover summary:

In the epic battle of vampire against vampire, one warrior's fate is bound to a mortal woman who controls him, commands him, and craves him like no other…


Chained For Life

Two years ago, the rogue vampires invaded Lily Haven's home and kidnapped her son. Now, if she hopes to see her child again, she must do the unthinkable—bind herself, body and soul, to a vampire warrior. She must choose one of the rogue army's prisoners of war and force him to do her bidding. But when she sees the warrior, Adrien, naked, beaten, and straining against his chains, it is she who is held captive…

Hungry For More

Adrien has been waiting for her. A beautiful woman who appears to him in visions. Who soothes his tortured body, feeds his erotic cravings—and quenches his thirst for blood. But Lily is more than he ever hoped for. She is the master of his destiny, and he is her willing slave. Even when she asks him to find the ultimate weapon for his enemies, he must obey her. Even if the task destroys them both, he will fight for her love, forever…

Go to: Summary on Goodreads


Geek Girl Talk

This is the first book in a series I actually came across only a couple of weeks ago. I can not really remember how I found it but I do remember reading the summary on Goodreads and thinking. NEED!!!
And I did not hesitate ordering the first two books of this series.
I promised myself to wait with reading them until my summer holiday and it was torture to wait. Even tough it was only just a few weeks.
Finally at the campsite I dove into it and finished it whole in just a couple of days. You can say I devoured it. I am so not regretting buying these books. And I felt really stupid for not bringing the second book in the series with me as well.
I found the world Caris Roane has created in this book very refreshing. There are really a whole lot of vampire themed books out there and sometimes you can feel like you are reading yet another vampire book with the same old story in it as the last dozen you have read. Well, not this one.
It is like none I have ever read before (and I have had a lot) and it's a lot of fun discovering all about this world as you read on.
The characters are easy to love and I really liked the fact that both main characters had a history. a lot of times there is one character that has had a simple standard one in a dozen life, and the other has this huge history. Which sometimes makes you feel the one character is less worked out than the other. But I found that both main characters in this story had a well worked out past which defined them and made them interesting.
Also this book has a good balance between the romance and plot parts. No irritating endless sex scenes, or moments you yearn for more romance. Nope, perfect balance.
It's ending will surely leave you wanting more. So my tip will be, order the second book along with the first one. If you don't you might think yourself a fool for not doing so when you finish.
I know what I am going to do now I am back home.
Yup, read it's sequal Chains of darkness


Total of Geek stars: 5out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment